Before you go to a new office, there is always some nervousness and you may think “what are they going to do today?” Well, we wanted to give you a breakdown of what will happen during your new patient appointment.
You will be greeted by Kimberlie and she will have paperwork for you to fill out.
To make things quicker, you can print out the new patient paperwork off our website and fill it out before your appointment.
One of our hygienists will come to get you.
We will take a panoramic film. Watch our video to see what to expect:
With this, we can see:
- Wisdom teeth
- Extra teeth
- Jaw joint (TMJ)
Then, we take you to an operatory and let you have a seat in our chair that has massage capabilities. We take a smiling photo of you and pictures of the mouth. We let you relax while we put these in the computer and develop the pano.
The next few steps are below:
- FMX – an x-ray of every tooth
- Intraoral pictures – so you can see what we see
- Check your bone level in your mouth. This allows us to know what type of cleaning you are needing
- Oral cancer screening – Velscope
- Clean your teeth or schedule a “deep cleaning” if that is what is indicated
- Have Dr. Mike Hinkle do his exam
- Go over any recommendations or answer any questions you may have.
Finally, you will get to see Lynda or Jennifer, so they can let you know your insurance benefits.
So now that you have an idea of how your first visit will go, give us a call at 918-712-0000 to schedule your new patient exam.
Please allow an hour and a half for this visit.